The Lady Dior
The cute and ladylike Lady Dior is one of the House’s best-selling styles with its luxurious craftsmanship and elegant silhouette. First introduced in 1994, the Lady Dior was initially named “Chouchou” – French for “the Favorite”. It was later renamed when the iconic Lady Diana, Princess of Wales, expressed her fervent adoration for the bag.
Are you thinking about getting your very first Lady Dior bag? Here’s what you need to know before making your purchase.
Lady Dior: Pros
- An extremely well-constructed handbag, the Lady Dior is crafted from luxurious materials and features high-quality stitching.
- The Lady Dior has an elegant top-handle silhouette which gives it a dressier look, making it ideal for evening wear and formal occasions. However, it may not be as suitable for more casual events.
- It is versatile. The Lady Dior can be carried as a top handle bag or a crossbody bag, which allows it to easily transition from a day bag to an evening tote.
- If you prefer to wear your bag crossbody, opt for the Mini or the Small; the Large size looks better when carried by its handles in the crook of your arm.
- Although delicate and supple, Dior’s lambskin leather is known to be very durable and not prone to scratches. This means your Lady Dior can maintain its condition (as long as you care for it!) over time.
Lady Dior: Cons
- The “DIOR” charms can easily rub against each other over time, causing them to be prone to hairline scratches. These micro-scratches are not very obvious unless observed up close, but this could be a big drawback if you’re trying to keep your bags in pristine condition. To prevent this, you can use protective stickers to protect the charms on your Lady Dior bag.
- For Lady Dior bags that have a zipper, the opening of the bag is slightly tighter due to the stiff zippered closure. However, the leather around the zipper tends to gradually soften with use over time, making your bag easier to get in and out of as you use it. If this is of concern to you, we recommend purchasing the Lady Dior with a flap-over-top opening without the zipper.
- The bag can feel slightly on the heavier side, especially relative to its size. It may not be best for those who prefer lightweight bags.
- If you tend to carry a lot with you, the Lady Dior Mini and Small may not be roomy enough to store all your essentials. In fact, an iPhone 12 Pro would not fit inside a Lady Dior Mini. The Medium and Large sizes would be more practical in this case.
We hope our breakdown helped you get a better idea about the features of the Lady Dior. Does the Lady Dior complement your lifestyle?